Nautilus Full-Contour crowns and bridges are solid zirconia restorations with no
porcelain overlay. At 850 MPa, Nautilus Full-Contour is one of the strongest restorations available.Our technicians design Nautilus Full-Contour with enhanced anatomy and shade it to match your patient's natural tooth color; giving you a more esthetic all-zirconia option.
Ideal for posterior crowns and bridges (up to 8-unit spans), patients now have a strong alternative to full-cast restorations. Nautilus Full-Contour can also be used in the anterior for patients who need a stronger anterior restoration.
And while it is incredibly strong, polished zirconia is significantly less abrasive than standard porcelain, making it kinder to the opposing dentition than other restorative ceramic material.
- A chamfer margin is preferred; however any traditional full-cast crown prep is acceptable. Avoide a beveled or knife-edge design.
- 1mm of occlusal space is ideal.
- No sharp or right angles.
Instructions of Adjustments and Polishing
- Do not have patient bite in to place.
- A fine-grit diamond bur and water spray are necessary when adjusting Nautilus Full-Contour. If the temperature of zirconia exceeds certain limits, micro-fractures and surface defects can occur, lowering the strength of the restoration.
- Polish Nautilus Full-Contour with a small brush and diamond polishing paste.
- Download Nautilus Full-Contour Adjusting Guide
Recommendations for Cementing
- Nautilus Full-Contour restorations can be seated using conventional PFM cementing techniques.